Examination and Tests
A regular and timely assessment plays a significant role in the process of Teaching-Learning. We formally conduct four kinds of tests, examinations, and assessments.
Major Examination (Pen-Paper Exam)
- The Mid-Term/ Half-Yearly Exam is conducted in September-October
This is a Three hour long examination amounting to 80 marks in pen-paper exam.
Prior to the Board Examination of class X, two Pre-Board Examinations for class X will be conducted, following the same question paper pattern of Board Examination. The first Pre-Board Exam is likely to be commenced from 12 of December. The Second Pre-Board Exam is likely to begin from 03 of February
- The Annual Exam is conducted in the month of March. This is a Three hour long examination amounting to 80 marks in pen-paper exam.
- The Mid-Term/ Half-Yearly Exam is conducted in September-October months. This is a Three hour long examination amounting to 80 marks in pen-paper exam.
Periodical Tests (pen-paper Test)
Periodic Tests are conducted periodically.
- Each test (except that of PT 2 whose total marks amounting to 80) is a one and half hourtest amounting to 40 marks in pen-paper test.
- Periodic Test 1 (PT 1) is conducted in the month of July.
- Periodic Test 2 (PT 2) is conducted in the month of September/October.
- Periodic Test 3 (PT 3) is conducted in the month of December
Class Tests/Surprise Tests
Class tests or surprise tests are conducted as per the discretion of the subject teacher. He/she may conduct such a test as and when required – mostly after teaching a lesson or a unit.
Internal Assessment is mostly evaluated on the basis of the performance of students in different aspects. The skills, habits , neatness and attitude of a student are regularly monitored by the subject teacher and some deserving credit is awarded to the student.
Results are published a few days after the examination/test. The school proposes to publish the results online from the next academic session onwards so that parents can also peruse the progress of their wards instantaneously.